Saturday, October 07, 2006

Windows Live Writer - Related Post Plugin Preview

Another weekend, another WLW plugin... ;) Here's a preview of the "Related Post" Plugin I'm working on. V1.0 will be RSS/Atom/RDF based, with advanced blog host implementations (i.e. Blogger, Meta, etc) coming later.

This being my third plugin, I've realized we (WLW Plugin authors) need a WLW Plugin Starter Kit or Project Template... I spent about the first hour or so just tweaking my plugin framework (and making sure it works) before writing any implementation specific code. It just seems silly to be spending time on generic plugin stuff (names, GUID's, images, setup, classes, post build steps, yada, yada, yada). I'm hoping one comes in the RTM WLW SDK. If not, I'll knock one out...

Kudo's to the "My.Blogs" team (Getting Started with My.Blogs). This project did all the handling hard work for my OPML, RSS, ATOM, RDF usage. I'll be extending it a little to allow sorting and filtering, but out the door I don't think I could of asked for a better feed handling starting point.

Release Date? Maybe this coming week. I have to get the "ok" from work to release it as OSS and get the CodePlex site... Plus there is a ton left that I want in v1.0. I want feed list management, sorting and filtering, etc.

In any case, here's some preview screenshots.

 

Yep, I'm driving the feed list off of OPML...  :)

 

 

  

Related Past Post XRef:
Paste As WLW v1.0 Plugin Released and Available via CodePlex (and some thoughts on my next plugin)
Getting Started with My.Blogs

No comments: