Wednesday, December 03, 2014

XML Notepad (fka XML Notepad 2007) gets some rev love, now v2.6 (& .NET 4.0 and bug squashing)

Software Complexity - Update to XML Notepad

As  XML has exploded across the planet I continue to get many requests for improvements to my XML Notepad of 2007.  The tool has been downloaded over a million times, so I figured it's time to show it some love and fix some bugs.  In the process I updated it to NET 4.0 using VS 2013.  I was amazed how everything from back then still works, including the Unit Tests.  That is pretty amazing platform compatibility.  Windows is a great platform and Visual Studio is still best of breed for software development, and I still love C#.

...

You can download it from here; Welcome to Microsoft XML Notepad

Microsoft XML Notepad is a lightweight and fast tool for editing XML documents. XML has proliferated the planet and XML Notepad has been downloaded over a million times!

Or you can head over to the Project's CodePlex repo;

XML Notepad

XML Notepad provides a simple intuitive User Interface for browsing and editing XML documents.

This application is built using .NET Framework 4.0 in C#.

See XML Notepad Design for information about how this application is built.

The downloadable installer for the latest version is available.

image

When I find an interesting project I'll usually try to grab an Feed for it, so I can track updates, releases, etc. I was pleasantly surprised when the CodePlex feed for this project suddenly became active with check-ins, and then this official release.

 

Related Past Post XRef:
XML Notepad 2007 Source Now Available on CodePlex
XML Notepad 2007 2.3 Released

No comments: